The Medical School of Università Cattolica in Rome offers customized clinical internships to international students who are currently enrolled in undergraduate or master medical degrees.
You will have the opportunity to work in the University hospital, Policlinico “A. Gemelli”, with health professionals in the area of your interest.
You can customize your internship by providing a proposal with details on the training program you wish to carry out: the department, the subject, the duration (a minimum of 1 month is required), the dates, etc.
You are required to provide all the documentation at least three months before the starting of the internship.
- Application Form (training proposal with clinical departments, dates and total hours to perform in each department);
- Learning Agreement for traineeships (only for students applying within Erasmus Student Placement Program);
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Transcript of Records with grades;
- an official statement of authorization to undertake the training programme signed by the Dean of the Home Institution;
- a document attesting that the applicant will be insured against accidents and malpractice throughout the period of training at UCSC Rome;
- a document attesting that the applicant will be covered by a civil liability insurance during the whole period of training at UCSC Rome (amount requested: € 1.500.000,00);
- copy of the European Health Insurance Card (for EU students) or a private insurance certificate (non-EU students), translated by the Italian Consulate or Embassy and attesting that the insurance allows the student to receive healthcare in accordance with the legislation in force in Italy;
- recent medical certificates attesting the following:
- certificate of immunization for hepatitis A and B;
- vaccine certificate for measles, rubella and mumps;
- proof that the applicant is TBC-free (negative tuberculin test - not older than 3 months). The medical certificates should be signed by the due health authority (medical doctor, preventive medicine department, etc).
- Pay the 150 € Application Fee and forward the payment receipt to email@example.com
Applicants are requested to send by post the above listed-documents, duly filled out and signed, at least 3 months before the start date of the proposed training.
UNIVERSITÀ CATTOLICA DEL SACRO CUORE
Facoltà di Medicina e chirurgia "A. Gemelli"
Largo F. Vito, 1 - 00168 Roma (IT)
The Office will process only complete applications and will provide a response as soon as possible.
Please note that all travelling to Rome, room and board are at the students’ expense.