Congratulations! You have been selected by your University for the Double Degree Programme at Università Cattolica Piacenza-Cremona campus (Piacenza site). This webpage aims at providing you with the essential information to prepare your experience at Cattolica. You will find everything you need to know about courses, visa, permit of stay, housing, student life and practical tips for your stay here in Piacenza.
We wish you an exciting experience at Università Cattolica!
- 1 Passport-size photo (jpg or png format)
- Scan copy of your Passport or ID
- Scan copy of your High School Diploma
- Christening Certificate (if any). Students who are not baptized, will have to provide a self-certification of the fact and, once in Piacenza, they will have an interview with the spiritual guide of our Campus, who will provide a waiver.
- Scan copy of the Receipt of payment of the regional tax, which is compulsory in order to enroll regularly at Cattolica. The tax costs € 156 (€ 140 tax + € 16 revenue stamp). The tax must be paid by students enrolling in the 1st 2nd and 3rd years. The cost might be subject to change.
Please send your application documents within May 31, 2023.
The Student Service (Polo Studenti) will enrol you to the third year of the Bachelor’s of Science in Economia Aziendale. Once in Piacenza, you will receive your Student ID Number (numero di matricola) and Student Card. Students will not be enrolled if any of the above mentioned documents are missing.
For more information about the Double Degree Programme in Piacenza campus, visit https://www.unicatt.eu/courses/business-administration-piacenza-double-degree#sep
POST-ADMISSION for NON-EU Students
Submission of the “Pre-enrolment request” is a preliminary and compulsory step towards study visa application.
You will be sent a copy of your admission letter by email after receiving your application documents.
To allow a timely enrolment in our University and your potential presence in Italy for the beginning of the first semester, you have to submit the pre-enrolment request no later than May 31, 2023.
If we do not receive your pre-enrolment request by the given deadline, our office reserves the right to consider your enrolment to Università Cattolica as withdrawn.
STEP 2 - Study Visa application
If the previous step has been successful, you will receive a notification from UniversItaly and you can submit an application for a long-term entry visa - “D” type – issued for study reasons (“Immatricolazione Università”) at the Italian Embassy/Consulate of your jurisdiction.
You will have to satisfy the following requirements:
- Proof of economic means of about €6.000; the bank statement must refer to your personal account or your parents’, no exceptions can be made for other relatives or sponsors. Please note that the cost of living in Italy per annum ranges from €10.000 to €12.000 (tuition fees excluded).
- A return ticket;
- Health insurance for medical expenses and hospital stays;
- Passport or travel document valid for at least three months after visa expiry date;
- Proof of accommodation in Italy. Check housing opportunities
- The summary of your pre-enrolment, which you can download in your personal area in Universitaly.
- If you are under age by the time you apply for visa, you will be required to have a legal guardian in Italy until you turn 18. Make sure you contact us for further information.
The requirements listed above are set by Ministry regulation. You will have to follow any additional indication given by the Italian diplomatic-consular Mission. At the time of visa application, you will have to meet the requisites on the validity of your high school diploma.
While requesting the visa at the Italian Consulate /Embassy, ask for the issuing of your “Codice fiscale” (Italian tax registration No.). It is a 16-character alphanumeric code issued free of charge by the Revenue Agency to identify Italian nationals and foreign residents. You need to have your own "codice fiscale" to enrol in any Italian university, open a bank account and sign any type of contract (rental, phone line, etc.).
The deadline for the issuing of the study visa is May 31, 2023.
STEP 3. Arrive in Italy and apply for the permit of stay
Within 8 working days of your arrival, you must submit the application for a Residency Permit (Permesso di Soggiorno) for study reasons (see Welcome Guide).
(*) The Italian diplomatic/consular Missionof the country issuing your passport and responsible for the area where you reside (e.g. in Turkey or the USA there are several Italian Embassies, and each of them is responsible for a specific state/region in the country). Find here a list of the Italian Consular Offices. If you temporarily live in a country that you are not a citizen of, you may submit your pre-enrolment request to the Head of Italian Consulate/Embassy of that country, who will decide the acceptance or the refusal of the request, based on an evaluation of the single circumstances and also taking into account the public interest.