Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore

Cattolica International


NON-E.U. Students* must apply for a STUDY VISA in order to study and live in Italy. 

To obtain a student visa you will need to:

1. Print out Admission Letters.

You can find the admission letters in the university portal after Cattolica International confirms your enrolment. Your admission letter is provided in two languages (1 in Italian and 1 in English). The Italian consular office might request up to 2 copies, so print out multiple copies of the letter in both languages.

2. Complete and submit the pre-enrolment application online on the Universitaly Portal.

Follow the steps described in the guide: English guide - Italian guide

Once completed, Cattolica International will check and validate your pre-enrolment application, which will then be made accessible to the Italian Embassy/Consulate for the jurisdiction you selected. You will receive a notification from Universitaly, instructing you to download and print the validated pre-enrolment application, copy of which you will have to provide to the consular office along with the admission letter as support document for your visa application. 

3. Request your study VISA.

Check the general Italian visa application guidelines on the Italian visa information website. We highly recommend that you verify any specific application requirements as set out by the Italian Embassy in your home country or consulate in your jurisdiction by visiting the Embassy/consulate website or by contacting the consular office directly.


* If you are an Italian or E.U. citizen (or a non-E.U. citizen but with valid E.U. residency status), and possess a valid passport, you do not need to apply for a student visa.