- IT Coding for data science - 12 ECTS
- Probability and statistics - 6 ECTS
- Analytics accounting - 6 ECTS
- Course from the economic/Legal area - 6 ECTS
- Finance and banking - 12 ECTS
- Elective course - 6 ECTS
- Foreign language (Italian for international students) - 6 ECTS
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning - 6 ECTS
- Time series analysis and forecasting - 6 ECTS
- Laboratory of data analytics for banking andinsurance - 6 ECTS
- Laboratory of data analytics for investment - 6 ECTS
- Elective courses - 12 ECTS
- Internship/Stage - 6 ECTS
- Thesis - 18 ECTS
Elective courses list Read
- Cloud computing technologies - 6 ECTS
- Laboratory of Artificial intelligence and Machine learning application - 12 ECTS
- Applied financial econometrics - 6 ECTS*
- Sustainable business innovation and finance - 6 ECTS*
- Business analytics and data-driven decision making - 6 ECTS*
- Cyber security regulation - 6 ECTS*
- Game theory - 6 ECTS*
- Quantitative finance - 6 ECTS
- Dynamical systems in finance - 6 ECTS
* Economic/Legal area
- Business Analyst
Data collection, processing and presentation to support the strategic decisions of a company. The role of a Business Analyst can take place in an independent way within the organization structure or, more likely, in relation to other functions present in the organization (purchases and sales, finance, marketing, internal auditing, …) to provide support in the decision process.
A graduate student will be able to manage the entire process of data analysis, from the preliminary analysis to the requested information to the acquisition of data present in the organization or provided by external sources, their processing and presentation.
Thanks to the acquired competencies: technical (data retrieval, management and analysis), relational (synthesis and communications of the main results) and strategical (analysis of the information required to define the company strategies), the graduated student will be able to determine the data analysis areas most relevant with respect to the company objectives and with greater potential, manage and analyze databases, design research experiments to support of strategical choices, interacting with other company functions.
As a consultant specialized in data analysis, the graduated can work for consulting companies offering different services such as: analyst supporting the sales, purchases and marketing departments within companies working the in the business sector.
The graduated will be responsible of auditing for large organizations working in the financial intermediation services and acting as business financial analyst.
- Financial Data Scientist
The professional figure is seen as a link and a analytical/interpretative support role of the decisional processes typical of banking and financial intermediaries, operating investing choices, capital allocation, evaluation, credit supply, evaluation, credit supply and financial coverage based on the evidence of large data samples. The graduated will have technical (data retrieval, management and analysis) and methodological (planification and organization of actions with respect to data management) and competencies to tackle challenging tasks within banking companies, financial intermediaries, corporates finance and Government departments, carrying out the role of company consultant in every banking and financial area.
The Financial Data Scientist is a professional role very attractive to investment companies and funds, financial consultancy companies (in particular the FinTech sector), banking institutions, stock brokerage company, asset management companies, pension funds and government agencies. The Financial Data Scientist can work as independent quantitative financial analyst as well and operating as a freelance consultant.
For reference: classes for the academic year 2022/23 started on October 3rd, 2022.
Find here the calendar of the Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Natural Sciences for the academic year 2022/23.