The main goals of the programme are to build and strengthen:
- basic knowledge and understanding of the history of art (visual and performing), with particular attention to the contemporary world and the international scene;
- competence in economics and management as they apply to the cultural industry;
- competence in legislative transmit and reinforce the legislative knowledge and their application to the cultural field, from an international perspective;
Students learn to contribute to the advancement of cultural institutions and companies in Italy and abroad, by fostering interests for Art and its proliferation.
- Strategy and CSR in arts organizations and in traditional businesses investing in arts projects
- Organization and people management in creative businesses
- Marketing and Communications for arts and creative products and services
- Accounting and fundraising for arts and creative projects
- Legal Affairs in the arts
- Projects and Events Management in cultural institutions and companies
- Art Market
Other professional opportunities are in consulting and service companies in the field of promotion, communication and management of cultural events, products and services. Students entrepreneurial ideas and projects are sustained as well.
Director of the programme
Prof. Francesco Tedeschi (Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore)
Francesco Tedeschi is Associate Professor of Contemporary Art History in the Art and Philosophy Department at Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore since 2000. He teaches Contemporary Art History in the Master of Archeology and Art History in Milan, as well as in the Master of Modern Philology in Brescia. He teaches Contemporary Art in the master course Contemporary Forms of Visual and Literary Expression within the degree in Media Languages. He is co-director of the Master “Organizing Culture”, designed and developed by ALMED center (Università Cattolica) in partnership with the Department of Design (Politecnico-Bovisa in Milan). He is an historian and art critic who is involved in the design and production of art exhibitions, as well as in editorial projects for specialized journals. He curated the exhibition “Cantiere del ‘900” for the Intesa Sanpaolo Collection.
His recent publications include:
- “La Scuola di New York. Origini, vicende, protagonisti” (Vita & Pensiero, Milano, 2004);
- “Il mondo ridisegnato. Arte e geografia nella contemporaneità” (Vita & Pensiero, Milano, 2011).
Chiara Paolino, Faculty of Economics and Management
Marta Massi, Faculty of Economics and Management
Galleria Lia Rumma
Museo Bagatti Val Secchi
Museo del 900
Pinacoteca di Brera
Teatro Alla Scala
Teatro Elfo Puccini