Intake: September 2022
Language of instruction: English
Duration: September 2022 - September 2023 (managerial track or entrepreneurial included)
Total ECTS: 64
The Master in Strategic Management for Global Business (SMGB) offers an authentic international experience in the heart of Milan and provides young graduates from all over the world with the skills, first-hand experience and networking necessary to accelerate their entry into the labour market.
Innovative and immersive teaching, in classroom and in company work plus a bespoke action project or internship are the distinctive elements of this unique programme.
Large scale and multinational companies are involved in the design of the courses and in the provision of scholarships.
Each participant can choose whether to follow the managerial or the entrepreneurial track.
To offer to our students the opportunity to develop both competencies and practical skills the Master is designed with the direct involvement of companies and organizations. Students will have the chance to work with our partnering companies at different layers:
- In the labs of practice, in which students will have to practice their strategic skills interacting in strict contact with our partnering companies: Capgemini Invent, Hendress-Hauser, Rentokil Initial
- In the SAS Data & Visual Analytics competence development, a learning experience developed by SAS institute for our students to empower their data-analysis skills
- In the career accelerator, giving to students the chance to benefit from GiGroup and LinkedIn support to boost their managerial career and from Ashoka and ComoNext for those interested in an entrepreneurial career.
Thanks to the collaboration with GiGroup, LinkedIn and the HR managers of multinational companies of the calibre of Coca-Cola HBC, Crowe Global, Deutsche Bank SpA, Flixbus, KPMG, L'Oréal, Nintendo, Pirelli Tyre SpA, PwC, Samsung Electronics, Vodafone, Volvo Group, Whirpool, etc. the SMGB promotes the development of the soft skills most in demand in the labour market.
Upon completion of the programme, students learn how to understand the strategic drivers of long-term success of a company, how to recognize the challenges and opportunities of the international economy and how to leverage on sustainability and impact management in order to turn them into sound, innovative and socially responsible business opportunities.
Through the programme, you will:
- Acquire the knowledge and tools to draw up sound and sustainable business and marketing plans for new entrepreneurial initiatives that need to operate locally and compete globally.
- Attain the skills to analyse a company using the appropriate metrics, identify strengths and weaknesses and conceive innovative and effective business development plans, as entrepreneurs or strategic consultants.
- Develop the ability to manage complexity in businesses, especially those with global expansion plans.
As a culmination of the programme, students are supported in developing a bespoke Action Project (an internship, consultancy project or the development of your company's business plan), a unique learning-by-doing opportunity that will form the cornerstone of their career.