- Computational Linguistics 1 (8 ECTS)
- Fundamentals of Computer Science for Linguistics (8 CFU)
- Project and Change Management (8 ECTS)
- English Language for Linguistic Computing (12 ECTS)
- Computational Linguistics 2 (8 ECTS)
- Formal Methods and Models for Computational Linguistics (8 ECTS)
- One elective course among: (8 ECTS)
- Semantic Fundamentals for Natural Language Processing
- Terminological Resources
- Language I - Language and Phonology / Communicative Strategies (12 ECTS)*
- Curriculum in Humanities:
- Natural Language Processing for Social Media (8 ECTS)
- Digital Tools for the Humanities (8 ECTS)
- Curriculum in Business:
- Artificial Intelligence and Natural Language Processing for Decision Making (8 ECTS)
- Customer Behavior and Semantic Web (8 ECTS)
- One elective course among the following: (8 ECTS)
- Speech Analysis
- Linguistic Linked Open Data and Semantic Web
- Theory and Method of Linguistic Annotation
- Computational Philology and Digital Editing
- Internship, or one elective course among the following: (6 ECTS)
- Issues of Theoretical Linguistics in Natural Language Processing and Computational Linguistics
- Advanced Python for Linguistics
- Data Structures and Database Systems Concepts
- Master Final dissertation (18 ECTS)
- Natural language processing
- Automatic analysis of Big Data in digital format
- Digital transformation
- Project management and customer interaction via Natural Language Processing tools
- Retrieval, extraction, production, and management of information on the web
Among other professions, the degree programme trains graduates to become:
- Expert in automatic processing of linguistic data
This figure has the function of organising, coordinating and operating activities of automatic processing and distribution on digital platforms of written and oral linguistic (meta) data.
The tasks of this figure include the conception and management of projects involving the automatic computational analysis of information conveyed via the linguistic medium.
This job profile can be associated with the following roles: computational linguist; digital knowledge manager; digital publishing expert; digital library expert.
- Expert in content planning, production and analysis for the Web
This figure has the function of supervising processes that require the planning, production and/or analysis of content distributed and available via the Web, in particular related to the Humanities.
The main distinctive competences of this figure concern the ability to create and analyse data, both textual and multimedia, interconnected through ontologies already available, or extended as needed, for the Semantic Web.
- Expert in Customer Interaction & Experience
This figure has the function of supporting or managing business teams oriented towards improving the customer experience at all stages of the customer cycle (commercial proposal, sales and subscription, after-sales services, etc.).
The main distinctive skills of this figure concern the ability to create and analyse interconnected data, both textual and multimedia, and to understand how to classify the needs and behaviour of customers and the sales network.
For reference: Cclasses for the academic year 2022/23 started on October 3rd, 2022.
Find here the calendar of the Faculty of Linguistic and Foreign Literatures for the academic year 2022/23.
In addition, SELDA organizes fee-paying Italian language courses, for more information contact SELDA from the dedicated iCatt function (in the homepage, box “request for information”).