1. Accept or decline offer
The offer will outline:
- The conditions (if any) that will have to be satisfied in order to enroll.
- The instructions on how to accept Cattolica offer and the deadline to pay the first installment of the tuition fees in order to reserve a place on the indicated degree program.
- If you have been awarded the UCSC International Scholarship (applicable to non-EU residents only).
How to respond:
Log back into your Online Application Portal, click on "View your decision" and select “Reply”.
Accepting the offer does not involve any payment yet and if you respond “Accept”, you simply enable the system to send you the instructions to secure your place!
If you decline the offer, please be aware that your admission cannot be deferred to the next academic year.
2. Confirm your place: pay the first installment of the tuition fees
Follow these steps to confirm your place in the program of admission:
STEP 1. Activate your account
You will receive an email from IAM_noreply@unicatt.it called “Activation account” containing your new username and a link to set a password; if you already have an account to access the Portale, you will not receive this email.
Use the link provided in the message to set the password and log in the “Portale iscrizione ai corsi / Programme application” with your new credentials.
Set the language of the interface to ‘English’ by clicking on the language option on the top-right corner of the screen and fill out the Consent form for processing of personal data and click on continue (bottom-right corner of the page).
STEP 2. Upload the required documents
Select Add in each box and upload:
- a passport-size photo;
- a valid identification document. You will have to upload your passport if you are a non-EU student;
- official codice fiscale issued by Agenzia delle Entrate or by the Italian Consulate, if you already have it;
- permit of stay, if you are a non-Eu student already residing in Italy;
- language certification, if applicable.
Click on Continue at the bottom-right corner of the page.
STEP 3. Read the refund policy
Before you proceed with the payment, read our refund policy.
STEP 4. Choose the payment method
Click on “Read and accept” in the Information notice and select the button “PagoPA”.
You can choose between two options:
- Paga online (Pay online) with:
- An Italian credit/debit card
- An Italian bank account
- Paga più tardi (Pay later) with a credit card of the VISA or MasterCard circuits.
Choose «Pay later» and download the «Payment notice Pago PA». Pay by accessing Scrigno pago facile https://pagofacile.popso.it/ or one of the PSP enabled.
Access Scrigno pago facile as anonymous user, select the box PagoPA, enter the Bill Notification Code (Codice Avviso) and the Beneficiary Organisation Code (02133120150), and then choose the provider to complete the payment. You must complete the payment in one session: if the payment attempt gets interrupted, you will have to wait 24 hours before you are allowed to try again.
Once the payment is complete, check in 30 minutes whether the payment appears as “Payment registered” in Portale Iscrizione ai corsi. In case the status does not change, send us an email providing the payment receipt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any information and help regarding the Scrigno Pago Facile service or loss of payment receipt, please send an email to email@example.com, or call the toll-free number: 848.800899 (from Italy only).
If you do not proceed with the payment within the given deadline, our offer will be considered as declined and your place will be offered to the next candidate in the ranking.
For information on the next instalments of the tuition fees, check the tab Admission and Tuition > Tuition fees and scholarships.
3. Prepare your academic documents for the enrollment to a 2-year graduate program
- The Diploma Supplement of your Bachelor studies. It is a document accompanying your diploma and providing a standardised description of the nature, level, content and status of the studies you completed. Graduates in all countries taking part in the Bologna Process have the right to receive the Diploma Supplement automatically and in any major European language from their university. If the Diploma Supplement is issued in English, no Italian translation is required.
As an alternative to the Diploma Supplement, you can provide one of the following documents:
- The Statement of Comparability of your university qualification, issued by CIMEA, the Italian government-appointed organization for qualifications recognition. Read more on the document and learn how to request it.
- Dichiarazione di Valore (DV) of Bachelor Diploma. It is an official document which provides a short description of your qualification, its validity in the awarding country to academic and/or professional ends, and the legal status of the awarding institution. Request the DV at the Italian Consulate/Embassy of the country that awarded the qualification. For example, if you studied in an American University in Dubai, you should refer to relevant Italian Embassy in the United States. Please note: Italian Embassies usually require that diplomas and transcripts are legalized* by the relevant local Ministries and translated into Italian before they are submitted for the issuing of the DV. Find a list of the Italian Consular offices.
*Legalisation is the official confirmation that a signature, seal or stamp on a public document is genuine. It is usually required by Italian authorities before they will allow a document issued in a third country to be used for official purposes in Italy. If your country signed the Hague Convention, the competent authorities will stamp the Apostille on your qualification. In other countries, specific Ministries are appointed to legalise documents through a stamp.
In case of impossibility to verify the authenticity of your Diploma/transcript, our office reserves the right to additionally request the Statement of Verification, issued by CIMEA, or the legalization of the Diploma/transcript/Diploma Supplement, or that your transcript is sent directly from your institution to our office.
Graduates from Pontificial Universities
If you graduated from a Pontifical University, you can either have your Diploma legalized by the relevant ecclesiastical authorities, or request that your university sends a confirmation of your studies directly to our email address.
4. NON-EU citizens only - Submit pre-enrolment request on UniversItaly and apply for visa
Submission of the “Pre-enrolment request” is a preliminary and compulsory step towards study visa application.
Due to the high volume of pre-enrolment applications we receive, the International Admissions Office will digitally check and validate your request, as well as enclose a copy of your admission letter, within eight working weeks from submission. The Italian diplomatic-consular Missions (*) will receive it in due time to start your visa request.
You will receive a copy of your admission letter via email.
To allow a timely enrolment in our University and your potential presence in Italy for the beginning of the first semester, you have to submit the pre-enrolment request no later than July 8, 2022. Students who confirm their place in the programme at the beginning of July need to agree a specific deadline with our office.
If we do not receive your pre-enrolment request by the given deadline, our office reserves the right to consider your enrolment to Università Cattolica as withdrawn.
STEP 2 - Study Visa application
If the previous step has been successful, you will receive a notification from UniversItaly and you can submit an application for a long-term entry visa - “D” type – issued for study reasons (“Immatricolazione Università”) at the Italian Embassy/Consulate of your jurisdiction.
You will have to satisfy the following requirements:
- Proof of economic means of about €6.100; the bank statement must refer to your personal account or your parents’, no exceptions can be made for other relatives or sponsors. Please note that the cost of living in Italy per annum ranges from €10.000 to €12.000 (tuition fees excluded).
- A return ticket;
- Health insurance for medical expenses and hospital stays;
- Passport or travel document valid for at least three months after visa expiry date;
- Proof of accommodation in Italy. Check housing opportunities:
- The summary of your pre-enrolment, which you can download in your personal area in Universitaly.
The requirements listed above are set by Ministry regulation. You will have to follow any additional indication given by the Italian diplomatic-consular Mission. At the time of visa application, you will have to meet the requisites on the validity of your academic title.
While requesting the visa at the Italian Consulate /Embassy, ask for the issuing of your “Codice fiscale” (Italian tax registration No.). It is a 16-character alphanumeric code issued free of charge by the Revenue Agency to identify Italian nationals and foreign residents. You need to have your own "codice fiscale" to enrol in any Italian university, open a bank account and sign any type of contract (rental, phone line, etc.).
The deadline set by Università Cattolica for the issuing of the study visa is November 30, 2022.
STEP 3. Arrive in Italy and apply for the permit of stay
Within 8 working days of your arrival, you must submit the application for a Residency Permit (Permesso di Soggiorno) for study reasons.
The International Admissions office will provide support for the procedure.
(*) The Italian diplomatic/consular Mission of the country issuing your passport and responsible for the area where you reside (eg. in Turkey or the USA there are several Italian Embassies, and each of them is responsible for a specific state/region in the country). Find here a list of the Italian Consular Offices. If you temporarily live in a country that you are not a citizen of, you may submit your pre-enrolment request to the Head of Italian Consulate/Embassy of that country, who will decide decide the acceptance or the refusal of the request, based on an evaluation of the single circumstances and also taking into account the public interest.
5. Finalize the enrollment
- After you complete your studies, send a scanned copy of the documents listed in point 3 above to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks prior to the start of the classes (check the programme dates in the tab “Course details”). Our office will update your profile in Portale Iscrizione ai corsi – section “Qualification” and will validate your documents within a few weeks from submission. If you are not awarded with the final academic qualsification before the beginning of the courses, our office must be informed in due advance to activate pre-enrolment procedures.
- Access Portale iscrizioni, set the language of the interface to 'English' (language option on the top-right corner of the screen).
- Wait until the status of the application changes into “Awaiting enrolment”, then follow the instructions in the portal to complete the enrolment/pre-enrolment procedure. A few heads-up:
- Section Certificate of Baptism: if you were baptised but cannot locate your certificate, you must upload this self-certification. If you were not baptised, send an email to the ecclesial assistant to arrange a meeting, then upload this self-declaration.
- Section Graduation and completed exam self-declaration: upload the official transcript of records.
- The enrolment request form must be filled out (make sure you tick the box “full time” in the first page and that you tick the box related to the payment of the first instalment in page 2), dated and signed in each section, both in the Italian and English versions. If the scanned file is over 5 MB, consider uploading only the Italian version.
- Once the status of your application becomes “Enrolled” or “Pre-enrolled”, you will have access to iCatt and to your institutional email address.
The deadline to upload the enrolment/pre-enrolment form on Portale iscrizione ai corsi is September 12, 2022. If you cannot submit the required academic documents by that deadline, promptly inform our office. We will establish if there are the conditions for an enrolment “sub conditione”, which, in any case, has to be completed by December 15, 2022.