Based on the student’s language capabilities, the internship may be available English or in Italian, while the content of the course and webinars will be delivered in English. Although proficiency in Italian is not required, we do require that students interested in a placement have some prior knowledge of Italian and therefore recommend enrolling in one of our Italian language courses if the student has had no prior Italian language study.
As integral part of the internship programme, participating students are required to take part in a parallel course/module that provides crucial skills development tools to put into practice during the internship experience.
The internship programme begins upon the first interview with the Cattolica internship advisor, who will discuss with the applicant interests and expectations, and will collect any other information that might be useful in identifying the best company match for a successful placement. The applicant will then receive individual mentoring to put together an effective résumé and cover letter as well as prepare for interviews with potential matches.
Programme benefits, in additional to the actual internship placement, include:
- Pre-placement interview with Cattolica internship advisor
- Advising for CV/résumé and cover letter preparation to meet Italian standards (see CV/résumé and cover letter templates)
- Interview coaching and mock interview (see interview preparation tips)
- Ongoing support throughout the placement process and during the internship
- Ad hoc orientation, if possible with other students placed in an internship for that period.
- Access to CareerProfessor App
- Study Abroad Impact Lab (available during the semester only): Learn how to maximize your study abroad experience and leverage the skills acquired abroad to successfully apply them towards your professional goals. Learn more.