1. Accept or decline offer
The offer will outline:
- The conditions (if any) that will have to be satisfied in order to enroll.
- The instructions on how to accept Cattolica offer and how to pay the first installment of the tuition fees in order to reserve a place on the indicated degree program.
- If you have been awarded the UCSC International Scholarship (applicable to non-EU residents only).
How to respond:
Log back into your Self-Service Center, click on the decision and select “Respond” at the top right corner of the page.
Accepting the offer does not involve any payment yet and if you respond “Accept”, you simply enable the system to send you the instructions to secure your place!
If you decline the offer, please be aware that your admission cannot be deferred to the next academic year.
2. Confirm your place: pay the first installment of the tuition fees
Follow these steps to confirm your place in the program of admission:
STEP 1. Activate your account
Within the payment deadline you will receive an email from IAM_noreply@unicatt.it called “Activation account” containing your new username and a link to set a password; if you already have an account to access the Portale, you will not receive this email: share your existing username with our office to proceed.
Use the link provided in the message to set the password and log in the “Portale iscrizione ai corsi / Programme application” with your new credentials.
STEP 2. Upload the required documents
- a passport-size photo;
- a valid identification document. You will have to upload your passport if you are a non-EU student;
- official codice fiscale issued by Agenzia delle Entrate or by the Italian Consulate, if you already have it;
- permit of stay, if you are a non-Eu student already residing in Italy;
- language certification, if applicable.
STEP 3. Read the refund policy
Before you proceed with the payment, read our refund policy.
STEP 4. Download the MAV and choose the payment method
Download the MAV (it is a payment form issued by the Italian bank Banca Popolare di Sondrio). On the MAV, a 17-numbers identification code (“Codice identificativo MAV”) is available. This code identifies both the student and the payment.
Payments with the MAV code can be made:
- In person at any bank (within Italy), with no extra charges or commission.
- Via your personal online banking, if payment slip (MAV) option is available, with standard bank charges or commission.
- On SCRIGNOPAGOFACILE (within or outside Italy), with standard charges or commission. Access as anonymous user, select the box MAV, enter the MAV identification code, and then choose the provider to complete the payment by credit card or by PayPal. You must complete the payment in one session: if the payment attempt gets interrupted, you will have to wait 24 hours before you are allowed to try again.
Once the payment is made, go back to the Portale Iscrizione ai corsi and complete the payment confirmation details. If the payment is not indicated as “confirmed” or “self-confirmed” by the deadline, your offer for admission can no longer guaranteed.
For any information and help regarding the Scrigno Pago Facile service or loss of payment receipt, please
- send an email to email@example.com, or
- call the toll-free number: 848.800899 (from Italy only)
If you do not proceed with the payment within the given deadline, our offer will be considered as declined and your place will be offered to the next candidate in the ranking.
3. Prepare your high school documents for the enrolment to undergraduate programs
- IB full Diploma (passed no later than the session of May 2021): you must request that the IBO send your final scores directly to Università Cattolica – our code is 001623. We advise you to submit the request before exam results day.
- British A-levels: you must request that the relevant examining board send the final scores directly to our office. We advise you to submit your request before exam results day. If the results are issued by Cambridge International, you will simply need to send us a scanned copy of the Provisional Statement of Results, and we will verify its authenticity directly with Cambridge.
- Attestato di Maturità Cantonale federale (issued by Canton Ticino - CH): request the Atto di Legalizzazione of your Attestato to the Dipartimento dell’Educazione, della Cultura e dello Sport di Bellinzona.
- Baccalauréat Général (FR): if you do not allow the Education Nationale to publish your results online, you must request that the Lycee send your final Releve de Notes directly to our office.
- Abitur (Zeugnis der Allgemeinen Hochschulreife) / Reifeprüfungszeugnis: request your high school to send your results directly to our office.
OTHER NATIONAL DIPLOMAS
In addition to the original copy of your high school Diploma, below you will find a list of other documents you will need to submit for enrollment in order to allow our office to evaluate its level within the relevant National Qualifications Framework and verify the Diploma’s authenticity.
- Dichiarazione di Valore (DV) of your high school Diploma. This is an official document which provides a short description of your qualification, its validity in the awarding country to academic and/or professional ends, and the legal status of the awarding institution. It is issued in Italian only. You must request the DV at the Italian Consulate/Embassy of the country that awarded the qualification. For example, if you studied in an American high school in Dubai, you should refer to relevant Italian Embassy in the United States. Please note: Italian Embassies usually require that diplomas and transcripts are legalized* by the relevant local Ministries and translated into Italian before they are submitted for the issuing of the DV. Find here a list of the Italian Consular offices.
*Legalisation is the official confirmation that a signature, seal or stamp on a public document is genuine. It is usually required by Italian authorities before they will allow a document issued in a third country to be used for official purposes in Italy. In each country, specific Ministries are appointed to legalise documents through a stamp.
- As an alternative to the DV, you can request the Statement of Comparability AND the Statement of Verification of your high school Diploma to CIMEA, the Italian government-appointed organization for qualifications recognition. Read more on the documents and learn how to request them. The Statement of Verification is not required if your high school Diploma is legalized* by the relevant local Ministries.
IF YOU APPLIED FOR A TRANSFER OF CREDITS
- Option 1: ask the issuing Institution to send your transcript of academic records directly to our office in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official.
- Option 2: If the issuing Institution has a secure, standardised system for issuing electronic transcripts or secure online verification system, this can replace the transcripts sent directly to Università Cattolica by post.
4. NON-EU citizens only - Submit pre-enrolment request on UniversItaly and apply for visa
Submission of the “Pre-enrolment request” is a preliminary and compulsory step towards study visa application.
- Register on UniversItaly;
- Read the step-by-step guidelines and check carefully the preview of the info requested;
- Complete and submit your pre-enrolment.
Due to the high volume of pre-enrolment applications we receive, the International Admissions Office will digitally check and validate your request, as well as enclose a copy of your admission letter, within six working weeks from submission. The Italian diplomatic-consular Missions (*) will receive it in due time to start your visa request.
You can download a copy of your admission letters in your Self Service Center.
To allow a timely enrolment in our University and your potential presence in Italy for the beginning of the first semester, you have to submit the pre-enrolment request no later than July 9, 2021. Students who confirm their place in the programme at the beginning of July need to agree a specific deadline with our office.
If we do not receive your pre-enrolment request by the given deadline, our office reserves the right to consider your enrolment to Università Cattolica as withdrawn.
STEP 2 - Study Visa application
If the previous step has been successful, you will receive a notification from UniversItaly and you can submit an application for a long-term entry visa - “D” type – issued for study reasons (“Immatricolazione Università”) at the Italian Embassy/Consulate of your jurisdiction.
You will have to satisfy the following requirements:
- Proof of economic means of about €6.000; the bank statement must refer to your personal account or your parents’, no exceptions can be made for other relatives or sponsors. Please note that the cost of living in Italy per annum ranges from €10.000 to €12.000 (tuition fees excluded).
- A return ticket;
- Health insurance for medical expenses and hospital stays;
- Passport or travel document valid for at least three months after visa expiry date;
- Proof of accommodation in Italy. Check housing opportunities:
- The summary of your pre-enrolment, which you can download in your personal area in Universitaly.
- If you are under age by the time you apply for visa, you will be required to have a legal guardian in Italy until you turn 18. Make sure you contact us for further information.
The requirements listed above are set by Ministry regulation. You will have to follow any additional indication given by the Italian diplomatic-consular Mission. At the time of visa application, you will have to meet the requisites on the validity of your high school diploma.
While requesting the visa at the Italian Consulate /Embassy, ask for the issuing of your “Codice fiscale” (Italian tax registration No.). It is a 16-character alphanumeric code issued free of charge by the Revenue Agency to identify Italian nationals and foreign residents. You need to have your own "codice fiscale" to enrol in any Italian university, open a bank account and sign any type of contract (rental, phone line, etc.).
The deadline for the issuing of the study visa is November 30, 2021.
NOTE: you will have to apply for visa even if you plan to attend classes for the first semester online. The study visa is necessary to finalize your enrolment and to allow you to travel to Italy as soon as the health conditions allow you to.
STEP 3. Arrive in Italy and apply for the permit of stay
Within 8 working days of your arrival, you must submit the application for a Residency Permit (Permesso di Soggiorno) for study reasons.
The International Admissions office will provide support for the procedure.
(*) The Italian diplomatic/consular Missionof the country issuing your passport and responsible for the area where you reside (eg. in Turkey or the USA there are several Italian Embassies, and each of them is responsible for a specific state/region in the country). Find here a list of the Italian Consular Offices. If you temporarily live in a country that you are not a citizen of, you may submit your pre-enrolment request to the Head of Italian Consulate/Embassy of that country, who will decide decide the acceptance or the refusal of the request, based on an evaluation of the single circumstances and also taking into account the public interest.
5. Finalize the enrollment
- After you complete your studies, send a scanned copy of the documents listed in point 3 above to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks prior to the start of the classes (check the programme dates in the tab “Course details”). Our office will update your profile in Portale Iscrizione ai corsi – section “Qualification” and will validate your documents within a few weeks from submission.
- Access Portale iscrizioni, set the language of the interface to 'English' (language option on the top-right corner of the screen).
- Wait until the status of the application changes into “Awaiting enrolment”, then follow the instructions in the portal to complete the enrolment procedure. A heads-up:
- Once the status of your application becomes “Enrolled”, you will have access to iCatt and to your institutional email address.
The deadline to upload the enrolment form on Portale iscrizione ai corsi is September 30, 2021. If you cannot submit the required school documents by that date, promptly inform our office. We will establish if there are the conditions for an enrolment “sub conditione”, which, in any case, has to be completed by December 15, 2021.
6. Attend Cattolica welcome activities
This section is relevant for 2020/21 intake.
Information for 2021/22 intake will be updated in coming months.
Cattolica organizes a range of Welcome activities at the beginning of each academic year to provide international students with all the necessary information to start their experience at Università Cattolica in Milano:
- Welcome days organized by each School
- Info sessions on permit of stay
- Info sessions on student services
- Meeting with Cattolica students’ associations
Dates, location and the detailed programme will be communicated starting from June.