1. Accept or decline offer
The offer will outline:
- The conditions (if any) that will have to be satisfied in order to enroll.
- The instructions on how to accept Cattolica offer and how to pay the first installment of the tuition fees in order to reserve a place on the indicated degree program.
- If you have been awarded the UCSC International Scholarship (applicable to non-EU residents only).
How to respond:
Log back into your Self-Service Center, click on the decision and select “Respond” at the top right corner of the page.
Accepting the offer does not involve any payment yet and if you respond “Accept”, you simply enable the system to send you the instructions to secure your place!
If you decline the offer, please be aware that your admission cannot be deferred to the next academic year.
2. Confirm your place: pay the first installment of the tuition fees
Follow these steps to confirm your place in the program of admission:
STEP 1 - Activate your account
Within the payment deadline you will receive an email from IAM_noreply@unicatt.it called “Activation account” containing your new username and a link to set a password; if you already have an account to access the Portale, you will not receive this email: share your existing username with our office to proceed.
Use the link provided in the message to set the password and log in the “Portale iscrizione ai corsi / Programme application” with your new credentials.
STEP 2 - Upload the required documents
- a passport-size photo;
- a valid identification document. You will have to upload your passport if you are a non-EU student;
- official codice fiscale issued by Agenzia delle Entrate or by the Italian Consulate, if you already have it;
- permit of stay, if you are a non-Eu student already residing in Italy;
- language certification, if applicable.
STEP 3 - Read the refund policy
Before you proceed with the payment, read our refund policy.
STEP 4 – Download the MAV and choose the payment method
Download the MAV (it is a payment form issued by the Italian bank Banca Popolare di Sondrio). On the MAV, a 17-numbers identification code (“Codice identificativo MAV”) is available. This code identifies both the student and the payment.
Payments with the MAV code can be made:
- In person at any bank (within Italy), with no extra charges or commission.
- Via your personal online banking, if payment slip (MAV) option is available, with standard bank charges or commission.
- On SCRIGNOPAGOFACILE (within or outside Italy), with standard charges or commission. Access as anonymous user, select the box MAV, enter the MAV identification code, and then choose the provider to complete the payment by credit card or by PayPal. You must complete the payment in one session: if the payment attempt gets interrupted, you will have to wait 24 hours before you are allowed to try again.
Once the payment is made, go back to the Portale Iscrizione ai corsi and complete the payment confirmation details. If the payment is not indicated as “confirmed” or “self-confirmed” by the deadline, your offer for admission can no longer guaranteed.
For any information and help regarding the Scrigno Pago Facile service or loss of payment receipt, please
- send an email to email@example.com, or
- call the toll-free number: 848.800899 (from Italy only)
3. Prepare your high school documents for the enrolment to undergraduate programs
- IB full Diploma (awarded no later than the session of May 2020): you must request that the IBO send your final scores directly to Università Cattolica – our code is 001623. We advise you to submit the request before exam results day.
- British A-levels: you must request that the relevant examining board send the final scores directly to our office. We advise you to submit your request before exam results day. If the results are issued by Cambridge International, you will simply need to send us a scanned copy of the Provisional Statement of Results, and we will verify its authenticity directly with Cambridge.
- Attestato di Maturità Cantonale federale (issued by Canton Ticino - CH): request the Atto di Legalizzazione of your Attestato to the Dipartimento dell’Educazione, della Cultura e dello Sport di Bellinzona.
- Baccalauréat Général (FR): if you do not allow the Education Nationale to publish your results online, you must request that the Lycee send your final Releve de Notes directly to our office.
- Abitur (Zeugnis der Allgemeinen Hochschulreife): request your high school to send your results directly to our office.
OTHER NATIONAL DIPLOMAS
In addition to the original copy of your high school Diploma, below you will find a list of other documents you will need to submit for enrollment in order to allow our office to evaluate its level within the relevant National Qualifications Framework and verify the Diploma’s authenticity.
- Dichiarazione di Valore (DV) of your high school Diploma. This is an official document which provides a short description of your qualification, its validity in the awarding country to academic and/or professional ends, and the legal status of the awarding institution. It is issued in Italian only. You must request the DV at the Italian Consulate/Embassy of the country that awarded the qualification. For example, if you studied in an American high school in Dubai, you should refer to relevant Italian Embassy in the United States. Please note: Italian Embassies usually require that diplomas and transcripts are legalized* by the relevant local Ministries and translated into Italian before they are submitted for the issuing of the DV. Find here a list of the Italian Consular offices.
*Legalisation is the official confirmation that a signature, seal or stamp on a public document is genuine. It is usually required by Italian authorities before they will allow a document issued in a third country to be used for official purposes in Italy. In each country, specific Ministries are appointed to legalise documents through a stamp.
- As an alternative to the DV, you can request the Statement of Comparability AND the Statement of Verification of your high school Diploma to CIMEA, the Italian government-appointed organization for qualifications recognition. Read more on the documents and learn how to request them. The Statement of Verification is not required if your high school Diploma is legalized* by the relevant local Ministries.
IF YOU APPLIED FOR A TRANSFER OF CREDITS
- Option 1: ask the issuing Institution to send your transcript of academic records directly to our office in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official.
- Option 2: If the issuing Institution has a secure, standardised system for issuing electronic transcripts or secure online verification system, this can replace the transcripts sent directly to Università Cattolica by post.
4. NON-EU citizens only - Submit pre-enrolment request and apply for visa
STEP 1 - Submit the pre-enrolment request to the Italian Embassy/Consulate - ONLINE
As a preliminary step to apply for a study visa, all admitted students need to submit a formal “Pre-enrolment request” to the Italian Consulate/Embassy of their jurisdiction (*).
Università Cattolica will check and validate your pre-enrolment request before sending it to the Italian Embassy/Consulate.
STEP 2 - Study Visa application
If the previous step has been successful, you will receive a notification from Universitaly and you can submit an application for a long-term entry visa - “D” type – issued for study reasons (“Immatricolazione Università”) at the Italian Embassy/Consulate of your jurisdiction.
You will have to satisfy the following requirements:
- Proof of economic means of about 6.000€. Please note however that the cost of living in Italy per annum ranges from €10.000 to €12.000 (tuition fee excluded); the bank statement must refer to your personal account or your parents’.
- A return ticket;
- Health insurance for medical expenses and hospital stays;
- Passport or travel document valid for at least three months after visa expiry date;
- Proof of accommodation in Italy. Check housing opportunities:
- The summary of your pre-enrolment (you can download the pdf from Universitaly);
- If you are under age by the time you apply for visa, you will be required to have a legal guardian in Italy until you turn 18. Make sure you contact us for further information.
Each Consular office may autonomously require additional documents.
While requesting the visa at the Italian Consulate /Embassy, ask for the issuing of your “Codice fiscale” (Italian tax registration No.). It is a 16-character alphanumeric code issued free of charge by the Revenue Agency to identify Italian nationals and foreign residents. You need to have your own "codice fiscale" to enrol in any Italian university, open a bank account and sign any type of contract (rental, phone line, etc.).
STEP 3 – Arrive in Italy and apply for the permit of stay
Within 8 working days of your arrival, you must submit the application for a Residency Permit (Permesso di Soggiorno) for study reasons.
The International Admissions office will provide support through dedicated info session, but you can already prepare the photocopies of some of the required documents.
(*) The Italian Embassy of the country issuing your passport and responsible for the area where you reside (eg. in Turkey or the USA there are several Italian Embassies, and each of them is responsible for a specific state/region in the country). Find here a list of the Italian Consular Offices. If you temporarily live in a country that you are not a citizen of, you may submit your pre-enrolment request to the Head of Italian Consulate/Embassy of that country, who will decide whether to accept it or not.
5. Finalize the enrollment
Provide your codice fiscale and the documents listed in point 3 to the International Admissions Office, both in original (only for vision) and in photocopy. Print this form and fill it in: it will be attached to the photocopies of your documents.
If you face issues obtaining the documents from the Italian Embassy/Consulate by the beginning of the program, you will have to agree on a new date for the submission with the International Admissions Office.
NOTE: Non-EU students residing abroad: you will be required to show your passport and submit a copy of your study visa (D type).
Our office will update your profile in the Portale (section "qualifications").
Log in to the Portale Iscrizione ai corsi and set the language of the interface to 'English' (language option on the top-right corner of the screen), then click on "Profile" and update privacy data.
Click on Applications and click on the arrow on the bottom right hand corner of your application box.
Print the enrolment request form, fill it in and sign it both in the English and Italian versions. If you gave consent to a third person regarding the processing of personal data, indicate their name and surname.
If you are under the age of 18, a parent will have to sign it as well in the appropriate section.
Click on Documents and upload the following files respecting the order below:
- The baptism certificate/ statutory declaration/ commitment to take an interview at Centro Pastorale (detailed instructions by clicking on the Lens);
- If you paid by bank transfer or MAV: receipt of successful transaction;
- The enrolment request form (see STEP 3).
EU residents are required to fill in the “Personal income form”. If your family income is not produced in Italy, but in Europe or an associated state, select “INCOME DERIVED FROM OUTSIDE ITALY”.
If upload of all documents is successful and validated, the status of your application will change into “Enrolled”.
You will receive:
- The instructions to activate your ICatt email address and ICatt page;
- The date on which you have to take a placement test called "Verifica della Preparazione Iniziale": it is a multiple choice, online test aimed at verifying if your preparation from high school in different subject areas is adequate to start academic studies. The test is provided in accordance with the guidelines of the Italian Ministry of Education;
- A notice to collect your student card (Carta Ateneo+) at the International admissions office. Bring a copy of your codice fiscale;
- EU residents: on the same day, go to Polo studenti (Area contributi studenti) to submit your family income documents.
6. Attend Cattolica welcome activities
- Welcome days organized by each School
- Info sessions on permit of stay
- Info sessions on student services
- Meeting with Cattolica students’ associations
Dates, location and the detailed programme will be communicated starting from June.